"On Third Avenue" from "Vagabond in New York" (1913)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Sep 18 20:08:12 UTC 2004

These databases and blogs are overwhelming. I'm looking for "cruller," "cup
cake," "Santa Claus," and various slang terms. So many places to look, so many
different search terms.

I came across this in the Cornell University Library New York State
Historical Literature database.

Remember "on line" and "in line"?

A VAGABOND IN NEW YORK
by Oliver Madox Hueffner
New York: John Lane Company
(Binghamton, NY: The Vail-Ballou Company)
1913

http://historical.library.cornell.edu/Dienst/UI/1.0/Display/cul.nys/nys637?abs
tract=&pages=192

You would say "on Third Avenue," by the way, and never "in."

(GOOGLE GROUPS)