"The worms they crept in"

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Sun Sep 19 04:23:36 UTC 2004

The tune I associate with the gopher guts song, if it were based on the
Gounod tune, would be quite an extreme variation on it.  The tune I'm
thinking of is that of "The Old Gray Mare (she ain't what she used to be)"
or "Here we sit like birds in the wilderness" or (I believe) the Scottish
fiddle tune "Down in Demarara."  My tune for the worms crawl in song would
be closer to the Gounod tune, but still not that close.
--Tom Kysilko