"Feet, do your duty" (1918); "Feet, do your office" (1693)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Sep 20 01:24:02 UTC 2004

Some foot notes.

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM) ("feet do your duty")
   Sheboygan Press  Wednesday, July 17, 1918 Sheboygan, Wisconsin
...a long breath and said, "FEET, DO YOUR DUTY." And I was. strong on DUTY. After.....be used tor quartering troops when off DUTY, Troops were usually in the..
Pg. 8, col. 6:
But every time I got to a listening post and started to think about what I would do if Fritz should come over and wondered how good a runner he was. I took a long breath and said, "Feet, do your duty." And I was strong on duty.

   Evening Telegram  Tuesday, August 20, 1918 Elyria, Ohio
...dixie that tin? mac-1 "FEET, DO YOUR DUTY." at Dixmude. I said: "FEET, DO.....him if we hail to lire in our fare FEET and he said yes that we did not..
Pg. 5, col. 2:
I said: "Feet, do your duty." They did it and I flew up the fiddley.

   Humeston New Era  Wednesday, October 23, 1918 Humeston, Iowa
...ship's skipper aboard. It was the "FEET, DO YOUR.....it nn fnr wme. to fire in our fare FEET and he said j yelled and some..
Pg. 7, col. 5:
I said: "Feet, do your duty." They did it and I flew up the fiddley.
(Same as above--ed.)

   Sun Herald  Thursday, December 19, 1918 Lime Springs, Iowa
...tinbiitehes on which made hold And "FEET, DO YOUR DUTY." ns that made It.....like 1 uced to nt Dlrmnde. i tiald: "FEET, tlo YOUR DUTY." They did It nnd I..
Pg. 11, col. 4:
I said: "Feet, do your duty." They did it and I flew up the fiddley.
(Same as above--ed.)

(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)
   Display Ad 27 -- No Title
Chicago Daily Tribune (1872-1963). Chicago, Ill.: Oct 17, 1915. p. C8 (1 page)
(Nothing here?--ed.)

   EMBARRASSING MOMENTS; Why Apple Butter Pains Her.
B E. Chicago Daily Tribune (1872-1963). Chicago, Ill.: Oct 8, 1923. p. 23 (1 page):
George--I went to the carnival and when I passed the graveyard coming home a dog barked at me and I was scared.

Mother--George, what did you say?

George--I just kept runnin' and sayin' to myself, "Feets, do your duty; feets, do your duty."

Comic 2 -- No Title
Los Angeles Times (1886-Current File). Los Angeles, Calif.: Mar 5, 1925. p. B4 (1 page)
"Las' night a cop done chase me and when I says 'Feet, do yo' stuff'--they did."

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM) ("feet, do your stuff")
   Port Arthur News  Saturday, September 19, 1925 Port Arthur, Texas
...CHAT VVITH MY FIRST MOVIE MAGNATE'. BE FEET, DO YOUR. STUFF IHIillllHIIJIHK 0.....Oh. Nii-k. get little fairy. "Here YOUR room 1 to soiii-; have yo-i and..

   Wisconsin Rapids Daily Tribune  Thursday, July 29, 1926 Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
...Dance Band Friday, July 30 Come FEET DO YOUR STUFF I'tii. .u. 11 nau.....realizing she is carrying him off Jus FEET, but he DOes, and the day comes..

(LITERATURE ONLINE)(drama)
Congreve, William, 1670-1729 [Author Page]
The old batchelour (1693)  253Kb
THE Old Batchelour, A COMEDY. As it is ACTED at the Theatre Royal, BY Their MAJESTIES Servants.   [URL for this text]
Found 1 hit(s):
Main text   [URL for this text]
ACT III.   [URL for this text]
SCENE I.   [URL for this text]
...Why do you not move? Feet do your Office---Not one Inch;...