Paul Reiser and "Don't Go There"

Baker, John JMB at STRADLEY.COM
Mon Sep 20 17:26:07 UTC 2004

        The earliest reference I've seen to "don't even go there" is the song of that name by Bonnie 'N' Clyde, released on the rap compilation album Super Bad on June 21, 1994.  It seems unlikely that this song, which seemingly sunk without a trace, would give rise to such a popular catch phrase.  It's more likely that the song was an early, and unsuccessful, attempt to capitalize on the phrase.

        Herbie Hancock also recorded a song called "Don't Even Go There" in the sixties.  I'm guessing it's not the same song.

John Baker