"there's a saying"

Wed Sep 22 17:40:16 UTC 2004

Jim Landau wrote (And I also forgot to attribute to him the comment I was
responding to in my previous post.):

>  The Fannish Mind (wasRe: Mike Myers and Judy Myers Halloween ...
>  ... understanding. There's a saying: FIAWOL (Fandom Is A Way Of Life); I
> think that true in a lot of areas beyond science fiction itself. ...
>  talk.politics.animals - Nov 16, 1999 by Rat & Swan

Incredibly, FIAWOL cannot be found in "Science Fiction Citations for the
OED", URL http://www.jessesword.com/SF/sf_fan.shtml

 <<<<<

Do they have FIJAGH "fandom is just a goddam hobby"?

-- Mark A. Mandel, The Filker With No Nickname
     http://mark.cracksandshards.com/filk.html
     Now on the Filker's Bardic Webring!
     [This text prepared with Dragon NaturallySpeaking.]