flak

Sat Apr 2 19:45:07 UTC 2005

Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM> says:

One reason I submitted the "flak" cite (n.b., not "site") is that over a
forty-year period I must have seen one million exx. of the word used in
context  and this is the *very first* I've noticed that equates it with
anything other than gunfire from Triple-A (i.e., "AAA" or "antiaircraft
artillery").
<<<

Thank you for the necessary "very first *I've noticed*" (emphasis shifted).
No telling how many of the producers of those examples (approximately 68 /
day :-) ) intended it with that restriction in mind.

-- Mark M.