"Is the Pope (a) Catholic?" (1963);

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Sun Apr 3 14:36:04 UTC 2005

What I've heard :

Is the Pope Catholic ?

Does a bear shit in the woods ?

Does a cat have a climbing gear ?

Is a pig's ass pork ?

Does a rocking horse have a wooden dick ?

          And my favorite, for negative answers only,

Does a chicken have lips ?

         All of these came from fellow graduate students from various eastern and southern states in the fall of 1974.

JL