taint

Harrold Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Thu Apr 7 04:09:18 UTC 2005

On Apr 6, 2005, at 11:06 AM, Mullins, Bill wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       "Mullins, Bill" <Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL>
> Subject:      Re: taint
> --------

When I was a kid in St. Louis, I used to hear the brothers say stuff
like, "Man, that pussy was so fine that it made me pop my dick string!"
When I asked around to find out what a dick string was, nobody could
tell me, nor could anyone tell me how a brother would know when his
dick string had popped or whether the popping of it was painful. I
guess that the phrase was merely a fossil in black St. Louis by the
'40's. I know "taint" only as a consequence of reading uh-literature.
I've never heard it spoken.

The spelling of "dick string" as two words is merely a whim on my part.

-Wilson Gray