Southern, New Jersey

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Sat Apr 16 19:42:39 UTC 2005

In a message dated  Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:17:41 -0400,  "Mark A. Mandel"
<mamandel at LDC.UPENN.EDU> asks:

>  A direct-mail ad from Marriott:
>  >>>
>                    Marriott Vacation Club International
>                       Cordially invites you to enjoy
>
>                            3 Days & 2 Nights
>
>  In Southern, New Jersey, with Marriott approved hotel accommodations
>    <<<
>
>  Hmm... can't find it on the map. What's the ZIP code? Who's the mayor?

Southern State Correctional Facility
P.O. Box 150
Delmont, New Jersey 08314
856-785-1300
Population as of February 1, 2005: 1,946
Web site   http://www.state.nj.us/corrections/cia/sscf.html

the position of "administrator" of the facility is currently vacant.

Mark, I don't think you ought to take up Marriott on this particular offer.

Seriously,  Marriott was most likely inviting you to

Marriott's Seaview Country Club Resort
401 S New York Rd  (US 9 at Jimmie Leeds Road)
Absecon, NJ 08201

which according to one Web site is a "36-hole (Resort)"

I've been there a couple of times, but only on expense account.

      - Jim Landau

PS: for the information of list-members, according to local legend "Leeds" is
the Jersey Devil's family name.