Re:       Re: the meaning of ''developed from''

Mon Apr 25 17:51:15 UTC 2005

In a message dated 4/25/05 12:02:40 PM, wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM writes:

> The existence or nonexistence of "go frig " is irrelevant here.  As for the
> masturbatory sense of "frig," I recommend a look at HDAS.

I did, and it confirmed my intuition that FUCK is much more widely known than
FRIG in any sense, whether masturbatory, trifling, or as a euphemism for
FUCK. It does not seem "logical" at all that a well-known and widespread insult as
(GO) FUCK YOU(RSELF) would have "developed from" one that is, at best,
little-known, narrowlly distirbuted historically and culturally, and in itself best
known as a euphemism for the very form it has supposedly evolved into.