Friend-Raiser (like a "fund-raiser")

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Tue Apr 26 17:45:55 UTC 2005

"Friend-raising" is typically the purpose of events, mailings or other
activity designed to dispose the target population (e.g., in the case of
colleges, students who are about to become alumni, parents of current
students, etc.) favorably toward your institution without making a direct
ask for contributions.  The "friends" thus won for the institution
naturally become prospects for future asks, or are already the object of
direct appeals on other occasions.

Peter Mc.

--On Tuesday, April 26, 2005 11:40 AM -0600 Victoria Neufeldt