metamorphosis (was: no subject)

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Tue Aug 2 12:50:29 UTC 2005

Do you make yourself coffee before you compute ?

If I work on the computer too long, I make myself nuts. Then I have to make myself coffee. It's tiring.

JL

"Mark A. Mandel" <mamandel at LDC.UPENN.EDU> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: "Mark A. Mandel"
Subject: Re: metamorphosis (was: no subject)

Jonathan writes:

It's nearly impossible to shift back from the shape of spilled coffee if
your molecules have been soaked up by a carpet. That's why it's essential
not to sneak under doors from a hard surface without looking first. One
friend narrowly escaped complete absorption. He was 5' 11" when he made
himself coffee but only two feet high when he shifted back.

Laptops are okay because you don't get absorbed. It *is* tough on the
laptop though.
<<<

Oh, I find it all too easy to get absorbed in my laptop.

-- Mark
(by hand)