Manifesto

Tue Aug 2 14:59:21 UTC 2005

>From the OED

[< Italian manifesto (see MANIFEST n.), in sense 2 perh. after senses of
manifesto, adjective (see MANIFEST a.).]

    1. a. A public declaration or proclamation, written or spoken; esp.
a printed declaration, explanation, or justification of policy issued by
a head of state, government, or political party or candidate, or any
other individual or body of individuals of public relevance, as a school
or movement in the Arts.

  1620 N. BRENT tr. 'P. Soaue' Hist. Councel Trent 102 To this citation
he made answer by a Manifesto.