racial epithets

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Tue Aug 2 17:12:44 UTC 2005

Quiet as it's kept, I know the term, "high yellow/yaller," only as a
literary term. The use of the term, "bird's-eye maple" as cited below
is a new one to me. Never heard it, never seen it. I've been totally
unaware of it till now.

We colored normally say things like "bright(-skinned),"
"light(-skinned)," or "half-white." This last is only a descriptive
with respect to the person's skin tone, hair texture, and eye-color and
implies nothing about that person's parentage, there being no way to
predict which way the genes will lean. I have a friend who's a
green-eyed blond with very fair skin. Yet, all of his other features -
shape and size of nose, hair texture, fullness of lips, etc., match the
  Negroid (stereo)type. And no, he's not an albino.

Speaking of albinos, *all* of the white people that I know personally
who have not actually seen a black albino have great difficulty in
wrapping their minds around the concept. That's not true here, right?

BTW, as a living, breathing bluegum, I'd like to say that we're not
actually poisonous and only on the rarest of occasions do we even so
much as threaten to bite someone, e.g. as Richard Pryor once so
eloquently put it, "Fuck with me and I'll bite your dick off!"

-Wilson Gray