Slang for crystal meth

Jonathan Lighter wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Aug 4 15:03:29 UTC 2005

Thus were created the great narrative ballads.

In three hundred years, anthropologists, sociologists, and, I predict, literary theorists will be poring over such grafitti in search of the essence of the old American life.  In the anonymous folk poetry of those days will they seek the attitudes and remedies that defined their forefathers (and foremothers, in this case).

And, I predict, they will nod sagely at what they find..

JL

Wells Darla L <dlw3208 at LOUISIANA.EDU> wrote:
Sender: American Dialect Society
Poster: Wells Darla L
Subject: Re: Slang for crystal meth

Connected (but very loosely) to your meth slang:
Graffiti seen in a stall in the women's restroom in a truck stop in Indio,
California in the 80's--"Here I sit with a broken heart, /All cranked up but
my truck won't start" and below in a different hand, "Well, if your dope was
worth a fuck,/ You'd go out and push that truck."

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005 02:03:12 -0400, Wilson Gray wrote