Trophy Building

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 24 15:00:08 UTC 2005

TROPHY BUILDING--669 Google hits, 33 Google Groups hits
Gotham Stalls Out
City Journal - Jul 24, 2005
... per square foot of a lease in a Manhattan office building, while in new
buildings the tax averages $19 per square foot, and in “trophy” buildings like
the ...
The great article "Gotham Stalls Out" (by the Manhattan Institute) mentions
"trophy buildings." This is not to be confused with Elvis Presley's "trophy
building" where he stored "trophies." A "trophy building" is something like the
AOL-Time Warner Center.
Any dates for "trophy building"? Does it come from New York City?
COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC: I killed 'em at the debate last night at the Harlem
Children's Zone on 125th Street. I guarantee there will be no general election
debate after that!