Rushing/Working the Growler

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Dec 7 15:37:22 UTC 2005

_http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1270/rushingworking-the-growler_
(http://www.barrypopik.com/article/1270/rushingworking-the-growler)
I finally added a "rushing/working the growler" to my website.
LIFE humor magazine (from 1883) is supposedly now on the American  Periodical
Series Online, but I didn't see a citation from it.
It appears that PUCK humor magazine is still not fully digitized in APS
Online. I expected the earliest "growler" citation to be from PUCK or  LIFE.
The Chicago Tribune 1886 citation (reprinted from the NY World) is an
interesting one to read in full on ProQuest Historical  Newspapers.