Luncheon at ADS Annual Meeting

AAllan at AOL.COM AAllan at AOL.COM
Tue Dec 27 19:16:36 UTC 2005

At last it can be revealed - the details of our luncheon!

It takes place beginning at 12:15 p.m. on Saturday, January 7, in the Sage
room of the Hyatt Regency Albuquerque.

For $25 all inclusive, we will have, in addition to Charles Boberg's talk on
Canadian English:

Spicy Tomato Bisque: A Blend of Roasted Tomatoes and Cumin with Goat Cheese
Croutons.
Southwest Wrap: Turkey, Ham, Cheddar Cheese, Lettuce, Tomato, Hatch Green
Chile & Avocado Mayonnaise, Wrapped in Flour tortilla, Served with pasta Salad &
Tortilla Chips.
Mexican Chocolate Mousse: With cinnamon & Whipped Cream.
Beverages: Starbucks Coffee, Decaffeinated Coffee, Herbal Tea.

(If you have special dietary requests, please let me know at least a couple
of days in advance.)

There will also be a cash bar where you can buy everything from soft drinks
and mineral water to beer and cocktails.

To reserve your place at the luncheon, just e-mail me . . . and if you happen
not to get around to it until we meet in Albuquerque, you can make your
reservation then. I'll accept payment then, either in cash or in check made to
American Dialect Society.

Happy New Year! - Allan