peenee/peenie/peeny

neil neil at TYPOG.CO.UK
Wed Feb 2 10:15:20 UTC 2005

on 2/2/05 3:19 am, Wilson Gray at wilson.gray at RCN.COM wrote:

> -----------------------
> Sender:       American Dialect Society <ADS-L at LISTSERV.UGA.EDU>
> Poster:       Wilson Gray <wilson.gray at RCN.COM>
> Subject:      Re: children's chant

--> -

> So, there really is a word, "peeny." I ran across it in a novel, back
> in the '70's. I thought the author had invented it.
>
> -Wilson

A couple of variant spellings:

'An interesting tribe are the Sweenies,
Renowned for the length of their peenies.
The hair on their balls
Sweeps the floors of their halls,
But they don't look at women, the meanies.'
- G. Legman, 'The Limerick', Les Hautes Etudes, Paris, 1953, No.244

'At that age [four], whatever he loves he considers the same as his peenee,
the most important part of himself and he's terrified of losing it.'
- Philip Barrows [Daniel R. Tuite], 'Whores, Queers and Others', Vol 1,
Traveller's Companion, NY, 1967, 161

-Neil Crawford