Big Apple

Cohen, Gerald Leonard gcohen at UMR.EDU
Thu Feb 3 21:18:02 UTC 2005

Such a work is already planned: _Origin of New York City's Nickname "The Big Apple"_, 2nd edition.  (I authored the first edition, 1991, and Barry Popik followed it up with his extraordinary research, particularly on  turf-writer John J. Fitz Gerald. The second edition will be co-authored by Popik and me.) --  Likeliest date of publication: 2006.

Gerald Cohen

                                # # #