"soylent security"

Dan Goodman dsgood at IPHOUSE.COM
Sun Feb 6 03:38:49 UTC 2005

References on left-leaning US blogs to President Bush's proposed changes
to Social Security have been including the term "Soylent Security".

I suspect the reference is to the movie Soylent Green (in which Soylent
Green turns out not to be made of soy and/or lentils but from surplus
humans), rather than to the novel on which it's based, Harry Harrison's
_Make Room!  Make Room!_, which I believe doesn't include this information.

--
Dan Goodman
Journal http://www.livejournal.com/users/dsgood/