Email Exposure and Security

Educational CyberPlayGround admin at EDU-CYBERPG.COM
Thu Feb 17 16:10:08 UTC 2005

hi Grant,

 From
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?S1=ads-l

I can find 15 posts from me that unfortunately
exposes my email address to robots.
Every single robot in the universe can grab it and sell it.
This is a know security risk and flaw.

tell me does this setting
"SET ADS-L CONCEAL"
hide my email address from robots?

Do you plan to code Listserve
to xxxx out the email addy  from this Public Archive?
I would suggest you limit our email address exposure.

Why not improve the navigation on this page
http://www.americandialect.org/index.php/ads/ads_l_the_american_dialect_society_email_discussion_list/
& put the URL for the ADS-L front door
http://listserv.linguistlist.org/cgi-bin/wa?S1=ads-l

also See: Technology / Security / Internet / Email etc:
http://www.edu-cyberpg.com/Technology/Home_TECHNOLOGY.html

thanks,
Karen Ellis