"Pompatus"

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Fri Feb 18 04:08:31 UTC 2005

You ain't just a-bird-turdin'! I own both the original 78 - in 1954, I
bought it for "Buick '59"; "The Letter" was the B-side - and the CD
re-issue and, until tonight, the only thing that I could say for
certain was that "pompatus" couldn't possibly be right. Useless further
information: in 1959, "Buick '59" was re-issued and became as big a hit
as it had been back in '54.

-Wilson