"Y'all" redux

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Sun Feb 20 21:43:25 UTC 2005

On the contrary, it marks those who use "y'all" as a singular as not
really being Southern-speakers. I'd really love to hear "y'all" used as
a singular somewhere other than in books and movies or on TV or radio.
The closest that I've come to that is hearing people, including your
humble correspondent, use both "y'all/you-all" and "you" as plurals in
unmonitored speech.

-Wilson Gray