Dialects in the movies

Tom Kysilko pds at VISI.COM
Tue Feb 22 20:40:51 UTC 2005

The actress would be Maggie Renzi.  Don't know where she grew up, but the
IMDB says she met Sayles at Williams in MA.  Her character lives in Boston
but summers in western MA where her character's husband, at least, is from.

At 2/22/2005 11:35 AM -0500, Joanne M. Despres wrote:
>In John Sayles' "The Return of the Secaucus Seven," a character
>whose name I've forgotten (the actress who plays her has dark
>brown hair and has appeared in other Sayles films) does a wicked
>imitation of what I think is supposed to be a Maine accent.  It
>sounds very much like the dialect I used to hear as a kid in
>northeastern Massachusetts.
>
>Joanne Despres
>Merriam-Webster

   Tom Kysilko        Practical Data Services
   pds at visi.com       Saint Paul MN USA
           http://www.visi.com/~pds