Church key anecdote

David W. James vnend at ADELPHIA.NET
Sat Feb 26 02:54:08 UTC 2005

On Feb 25, 2005, at 6:47 PM, Dennis R. Preston wrote:
> No, you cannot screw the top back on; wine and beer go flat. With
> wine you can use something like Vacuvin to pump the air out; never
> tried it with beer, but then I'm a wino.

> dInIs

        The wine doesn't go flat (unless it is champagne or the like), it
oxidizes.  Your Vacuvin works by removing a lot of the oxygen in the
bottle until your next use (and it does help slow things down.)  I
don't recommend using it on something that is carbonated though, as the
lower pressure will make it lose its carbonation faster...

        (Flat beer.  Blah.)

David
(Heard 'church key' for a bottle opener for the first time within the
last two years.)