"We are all ignorant, just about different things" (Rogers, not Twain)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sun Jan 2 09:56:55 UTC 2005

WE ARE ALL IGNORANT+DIFFERENT THINGS--227 Google hits, 102 Google  Groups hits
WE ARE ALL IGNORATN+DIFFERENT THINGS+ROGERS--51 Google hits, 21 Google
Groups hits
WE ARE ALL IGNORANT+DIFFERENT THINGS+TWAIN--30 Google hits, 12 Google  Groups
hits
(Some of the Twain hits here cite this as a Rogers quote, but Twain is on
the same page - ed.)
Remember my last post? Ted Koppel's speech at Harvard? I don't know what
Fred Shapiro's quotation dictionary will have, but the quotation is from Will
Rogers, not Mark Twain. But hey, Mark Twain said everything, didn't he? And
Charles Dana coined "the Windy City"? What proof do you need?
And they're dead and can't sue. And the corrections are never  professionally
admitted--why bother? And the same errors get made over and over  and over...

(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)

        _WILL  ROGERS SAID:; "We are all ignorant. We are just ignorant about
different  things" _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=4&did=449841372&SrchMode=1&sid=1&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1104658173&clie
ntId=65882)
Donald Culross Peattie. Los Angeles Times (1886-Current File). Los Angeles,
Calif.: Jan 27, 1952. p. G2 (1 page)

_http://www.nieman.harvard.edu/reports/00-3NRfall/Lulling-Viewers.html_
(http://www.nieman.harvard.edu/reports/00-3NRfall/Lulling-Viewers.html)

Lulling  Viewers Into a State of Complicity
'The approach of a storyteller seemed more  apt.'

By Ted Koppel
Roone Arledge, the legendary broadcaster who  invented ABC's "Wide World Of
Sports" and "Nightline," may be unaware of his  debt to Mark Twain, but it
exists  nevertheless. The great American  humorist once observed that "we are