second thoughts on Nkinis, bis

Tue Jan 4 18:49:40 UTC 2005

I just looked at the December 26 digest and saw the message that I had
posted on Christmas Day, and found that it contained a speako that made hash
of it:

\\\\\\\\\\\\\

>And most important Josephus had other reasons for rewriting them as
>doing so, since he coward out of a pack made with his comrades.

Not necessarily an eggcorn, since Josephus before he changed sides was a
member of a "pack" (cf WWII "wolf-pack") of Jewish fighters.
 <<<<<

But the presence of "made" is less likely in that reading than it is if
"pack" is an eggcorn for "pack".

That second "pack" should have been "pact":

 But the presence of "made" is less likely in that reading than it is if
 "pack" is an eggcorn for "pact".

(Eggcorn hash?)

-- Mark A. Mandel
[I talk, Dragon NaturallySpeaking types, I correct. Neither of us is
perfect.]