'Today is the first day of the rest of your life" (1968); WOTY

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Sat Jan 8 05:00:41 UTC 2005

WOTY: I'm a bit disappointed. "Red/Blue State" is basically four years old
and was popularized in 2000.
TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE
The Los Angeles Times digitization is still stuck on December 31,  1968.
I'll go into the new year with an improved "today is the first day of the
rest of your life," asked by Fred Shapiro.
(PROQUEST HISTORICAL NEWSPAPERS)
_1,500  Mark Synanon's 10th Anniversary_
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=0&did=513451132&SrchMode=1&sid=3&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=HN
P&TS=1105159166&clientId=65882)
Los Angeles Times  (1886-Current File). Los Angeles, Calif.: Oct 13, 1968. p.
G2 (1  page):
A musical program was scheduled to open a five-night run at 8:30 p.m. Its
title: "Today Is the First Day of the Rest of Your Life."
(NEWSPAPERARCHIVE)
     _Reno Evening Gazette _
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Viewer.aspx?img=Ga2xMtpV76yKID/6NLMW2vDnP9fyY5urBxX8UAWEcscD0gelMGSNu0IF+CsZYmrz)  Wednesday,
October 16, 1968 _Reno,_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=city:reno+today+is+the+first+day+of+the+rest+of+your+life+AND)  _Nevada_ (
http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=state:nevada+today+is+the+first+
day+of+the+rest+of+your+life+AND)
...residents entitled  "TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY  OF THE REST OF  YOUR LIFE" IS
being.....OF  racISm on THE face OF THE  earth.' TODAY he was transferred to
a new  job..

_Lima News _
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Viewer.aspx?img=W0CtXEq/mhWKID/6NLMW2p0JwF3XqwDE6iFFOhju8VhZIjp2xnh7XEIF+CsZYmrz)  Thursday, August 01, 1968
_Lima,_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=city:lima+today+is+the+first+day+of+the+rest+of+your+life+AND)  _Ohio_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=state:ohio+today+is+the+first+day+of+the+rest+of+you
r+life+AND)
...a special way, for  TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY  OF THE REST OF  YOUR LIFE.
Celebrate.....Exces-j instrument flight in  vISual TODAY IS a very special DAY
for  you. It..
Pg. 10, col.  1:
We'll bet you never  thought of
it this way,  but...

Today is a very  special day
for you. It is full  of a
special  significance that you
should be aware of  by treating
today in a special  way, for...

Today is the first  day of the
rest of your  life.

Celebrate it by  making some
special someone  happier because
of you...and  because of today.

JOHN P.  TIMMERMAN
HEATING--COOLING--FURNACE  CLEANING

(ADS-L ARCHIVES)
In a message dated 2/27/2004 4:04:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
SClements at NEO.RR.COM writes:

> 30 July, 1969 for "first day of the rest of your  life."
>
> Sam

(WWW.NEWSPAPERARCHIVE.COM)
Gettysburg Times - 4/2/1969
...miles an  hour. Remember toDAY is THE FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
See you  next.....Carthagena, Ohio, on FriDAY, celebrated his FIRST solemn
high mass in  THE Church OF THE.....A 77-degree reading made SunDAY THE warmest
DAY so far  this year. On THE same date in.....Winter will be "But Have
Everlasting LIFE"  from THE series "THE Eternal Gospel..
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania    Wednesday, April 02, 1969  671 k

Gettysburg Times - 3/5/1969
...To Our Patrons GOOD EVENING Enjoy THE  FIRST DAY OF THE REST OF YOUR LIFE.
Voi; 67, No. 54.....has never before  harbored LIFE. It's THE FIRST time that
man could photograph and.....1800, when  Robert Harper, founder OF THE FIRST
newspaper in Adams County, put it on.....AP  Aerospace Writer SPACE (AP) In
THE FIRST spaceship transfer by Americans,  James..
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania   Wednesday, March 05, 1969   783 k
BOX IN UPPER RIGHT CORNER, FIRST PAGE:
GOOD  EVENING
Enjoy today--it's the first day of the rest of your  life.