gunsel

Tue Jan 11 19:34:48 UTC 2005

> Yes. Even if the Duke himself had no idea, it's possible that
> the scriptwriter and MG got together for a little inside
> joke. Like the "Mongo! Santa Maria!" bit in Blazing Saddles.

Okay, you'll have to explain that one to me.

Blazing Saddles rewards the careful viewer. I just recently found out
the origin of
of the name of Mel Brooks' character: Gov. William J. LePetomaine
(Le Petomaine was a French music hall performer who could play tunes by
expelling
gas from his lower GI tract, or blow out candles from a few feet away --
them French are _so_ cultured!)