"He's just not that into you"

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Tue Jan 11 21:14:36 UTC 2005

At 9:15 AM -0500 1/11/05, Dennis R. Preston wrote:
>Barry,
>
>Since Ron and I belong to different generations, we don't often dine
>with one another, but he missed good Thai and excellent bistro fare
>in Oakland (with no SF hype or prices). He's right about the
>Vietnamese; I didn't try the Mexican.
>
>dInIs

The Mexican (next to the Thai and Vietnamese), while by no means
memorable, wasn't too bad, at least when accompanied by a couple of
pitchers of margarita.  And (semi-)pace Ron and dInIs, I found the
Vietnamese fine on some dishes (especially for squidophiles and when
enough sambal was squeezed on), not so on others.  I was quite taken
with the very nice $2 Vietnamese vegetarian subs (on Italian bread)
purveyed by a nearby Chinatown luncheonette; I'm sure they have a
name that--as Barry would point out, although not in so many
words--needs included in the OED.   Nice seeing y'all, or y'almost
all.

larry