How soon they forget!

Laurence Horn laurence.horn at YALE.EDU
Thu Jan 13 03:31:20 UTC 2005

At 2:18 PM -0800 1/12/05, Jonathan Lighter wrote:
>In those pricey vacation brochures, holidays in Indochina are now
>labeled "Indochine."
>
>The more things change, the more a rose by any other name smells different.
>
>JL

Not just vacation brochures.  One of the five choices in the Thai
restaurant ghetto (there are 5 such  joints within a 2 block strip)
in New Haven is a place called the Indochine Pavilion (formerly
"Indochine" tout court), which I've always assumed to be a bit
pricier than it would have been had it been named "Indochina", or
"Thai Pavilion" for that matter.

larry