Dill Pickle (1887)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Thu Jan 13 08:17:05 UTC 2005

COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC: MY NEXT VACATION
Andy "Tomato/Ketchup/Popcorn.Turkey/Tuna Fish" Smith had speculated that my
next trip would be to Bora Bora. The facts are, the dollar is lousy, and I've
been to so many places, and with this tsunami devastation, there are not many
 places to go.
ALABAMA/FLORIDA--Bill's finding of "the whole nine yards" at Maxwell AFB
(Alabama) is interesting. However, Woodford A. Heflin wrote a SECOND AERONAUTICS
GLOSSARY (1966) from Maxwell AFB, and "nine yards" ain't there. I would like
a  second clue before I travel down there. It would help for ProQuest to reach
 about 1975 with the Los Angeles Times digitization.
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC--My next trip figures to be the Dominican Republic in
February, with my sister and my autistic nephew. She spends about $25,000 for
these autism treatments. I have a wonderful sister.
DILL PICKLE
In Wednesday's New York Times was a profile of the bachelor "pickler" of  the
Union Square market. Like the "pickle guy" in the movie CROSSING DELANCEY
(1988, starring Amy Irving and Peter Reigert), this guy just needs love.  The
women at Gothamist.com agreed.
I'm sure he's a nice guy, and much better than me.
I had posted on the "dill pickle." Here's earlier.
 (NEWSPAPERARCHIVE)

     _Dunkirk Observer Journal _
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Viewer.aspx?img=9cbxNIiVHYuKID/6NLMW2pJ1AH6xc8LWLPxDPGUfmIIFSiiXnTayT0IF+CsZYmrz)
Wednesday, March 28, 1888 _Dunkirk,_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=city:dunkirk+dill+pickles+AND)  _New York_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=state:new_york+dill+pickles+AND)
...Mix PICKLES by the  Quart. German DILL PICKLES 3 Doz.for 25c. IN GLASS
.1.....with the ComThe best value we have in PICKLES is A QUART OF  LITTLE
GHERKINS..

_Atlanta Constitution _
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Viewer.aspx?img=wSCs6S0EhDCKID/6NLMW2iTaMNmKYLJYIo5lH3re/d4jbtL4V7NJxQ==)  Sunday, October 30,
1887 _Atlanta,_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=city:atlanta+dill+pickles+AND)  _Georgia_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=state:georgia+dill+pickles+AND)
...received our mixed  PICKLES and DILL PICKLES in bulk. This will also save
you..

Pg.  10(?)
, col.  3:
We have just  received our mixed pickles--chow-chow--sweet pickles and Dill
pickles in  bulk.

_Dunkirk Observer Journal _
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Viewer.aspx?img=ssVO2f5ZuruKID/6NLMW2vafQ6uVLFmzRDzVk0lmrE0l7VRH4gCfYw==)  Wednesday, January
11, 1888 _Dunkirk,_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=city:dunkirk+dill+pickles+AND)  _New York_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=state:new_york+dill+pickles+AND)
...PICKLES 15 cts per  quart. German DILL PICKLES. Spiced PICKLES. Natural
Color..

_Dunkirk Observer Journal _
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Viewer.aspx?img=9cbxNIiVHYuKID/6NLMW2riChRfkj6dGnaF5yTujZi+SUhZhZCKmaUIF+CsZYmrz)  Thursday,
March 29, 1888 _Dunkirk,_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=city:dunkirk+dill+pickles+AND)  _New York_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=state:new_york+dill+pickles+AND)
...Mix PICKLES by the  Quart. German DILL PICKLES 3 Doz. for 25c. cwri
WALNUTS,  ,N.....ii and de-. The best value we have in PICKLES is A QUART OF  LITTLE
GHERKINS..

_Dunkirk Observer Journal _
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Viewer.aspx?img=9cbxNIiVHYuKID/6NLMW2pJ1AH6xc8LWh+r3T/oQ1EYtfW0/xA5jwEIF+CsZYmrz)  Tuesday,
March 27, 1888 _Dunkirk,_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=city:dunkirk+dill+pickles+AND)  _New York_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=state:new_york+dill+pickles+AND)
...Mix PICKLES by the  Quart. German DILL PICKLES 3 Doz.for 25c. i-l A U I,
on  oil.....PiCKieS CY The best value we have in PICKLES is QUART Or  LITTLE
GHERKINS FOR..

_Dunkirk Observer Journal _
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Viewer.aspx?img=ssVO2f5ZuruKID/6NLMW2vafQ6uVLFmzGMZji3Gv35Bdna2cJLSR6g==)  Friday, January 13,
1888 _Dunkirk,_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=city:dunkirk+dill+pickles+AND)  _New York_
(http://www.newspaperarchive.com/Search.aspx?Search=state:new_york+dill+pickles+AND)      ...by leiepbune Mixed  PICKLES
German DILL PICKLES. 15 els (juart. Spiced  PICKLES.....TTCOMOMYC Block, W. C.
HECSKK CO. PICKLES FOR  ALL PALATES. Will Try to..