shack up

James A. Landau JJJRLandau at AOL.COM
Fri Jan 14 19:27:56 UTC 2005

It probably hasn't made the major media markets, but down here in South
Jersey we've been having fun with the Fox reality show "The SImple Life."  First
they were banned from /byoona/ Township, where they were originally supposed to
take cafeteria jobs in Buena-Cleary Middle School.  Banned!  Yes, parents
protested that Paris Hilton, who once did an X-rated video, was not a good role
model for their kids.

So Hilton and Richie ended up at Caprioni Portable Toilets, a business that
cleans portable toilets at construction sites.  I almost think I'll watch that
episode.

>From Brian Ianieri "'Simple Life'  lands in Cape County" _Atlantic City
Press_ January 13, 2005, page A1 with jump to page A7
<quote>
   It's "The Simple life," a reality-based Fox television show that puts
Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie in situations that the young millionaires and their
diamond-encrusted cell [page A7] phones would otherwise never encounter.
They shack up with pre-selected families, and chaos ensues.
</quote>

          - James A. Landau