"Never withhold good" proverb

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Mon Jan 17 21:41:56 UTC 2005

I was looking for "tsunami" plus "slang" or "proverb." I suppose Fred  has a
good citation for "teach a man to fish."
This one didn't show up much on searches.
_http://www.taemag.com/issues/articleID.18386/article_detail.asp_
(http://www.taemag.com/issues/articleID.18386/article_detail.asp)
Yet in the tsunami's wake, as in the world at large, the U.S. military
represents only a fraction of American generosity. Contrary to popular
misconceptions, America's willingness to help those in need began long before  Mr.
Egeland tried to shame Americans into giving by slurring them. Americans
understand, as the old proverb says, that we should never withhold good from  those who
deserve it when it is within our power to act.
(GOOGLE)
_Impact International Fellowship of Ministers_
(http://www.impactministries.com/IIFOM/iifomapplication.htm)
... Never withhold good from any man when it  is within my power to serve.
Provide
services that are relevant to the needs  of my community. ...
www.impactministries.com/IIFOM/iifomapplication.htm - 30k - _Cached_
(http://64.233.161.104/search?q=cache:4z5F1L6PIZwJ:www.impactministries.com/IIFOM/iifom
application.htm+"never+withhold+good"&hl=en&ie=UTF-8)  - _Similar pages_
(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&q=related:www.impactministries.com
/IIFOM/iifomapplication.htm)