cannot: OED pronunciation again

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Tue Jan 18 12:16:35 UTC 2005

'Irregardless' is live and well here in MI, but it's so damn cold
some people would say anything just to establish the fact that
phonation is possible under these circumstances.

In fact, I hear it all the time - on the news, on sports shows, and
on other TV shows (which I  monitor for linguistic purposes only).

dInIs

PS: I first typed "Irregradless" and the speller honked at me; I
changed it to "irregardless" and got no honk! Somebody up there loves
us.