Tar-Zhay; Jean-Claude Penne; Wal-Fart; Albertscums; Needless Markup; Taco Hell

Jeff Prucher jprucher at YAHOO.COM
Wed Jan 19 01:37:10 UTC 2005

--- Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM> wrote:

> I first heard "Tarzhay" in the early '90s, though I now see I was behind the
> curve.  The first of these corporate nicknames to reach my notice were
> "Mickey D's" (now trademarked, I believe) and "HoJo's" - both around 1983-84.
>  Since then "Taco Hell" and "Pizza Slut" have come along.
>
> "Burger Thing" never got into HDAS, but I've used it. My wife says "Food
> Hyena."  There's also "Office Creepo," formerly "Office Clown"   (i.e.,
> "Depot" & "Town").

In the 80's and early 90's my friends and I also used "Little Seizure's"
(Little Caesar's) and "Cropduster" (Blockbuster Video).  McDonald's was
affectionately known as "McDeath".

I can't even guess what "Food Hyena" would be.

Jeff Prucher