crotch rocket

Dave Hause dwhause at JOBE.NET
Thu Jan 20 05:04:41 UTC 2005

I know I've heard it since the mid 80s - typically light weight, high
powered Japanese motorcycles.  I think the type model was the Kawasaki
1000cc three cylinder two stroke, maybe called the Z-3 from the mid 70s.
The Kawasaki ZX-10, in the late 80s, with about 425 lbs dry weight, >100 hp,
out-of-the-box top speed of 175 mph, was typical.
Dave Hause, dwhause at jobe.net
Ft. Leonard Wood, MO
----- Original Message -----
From: "FRITZ JUENGLING" <juengling_fritz at SALKEIZ.K12.OR.US>

This reminds me of something that I heard from one of my students recently.
When I asked her about her weekend, she went on and on about riding a
"crotch rocket."  I was noticeably surprised that she would speak so openly
and gleefully of this with her teacher and wasn't sure if she was saying
this just to, if you'll pardon the expression, get a rise out of me.  Turns
out, a 'crotch rocket' is a kind of motorcycle.  Of course, everyone knows
this except for me.  Who would have known?!!
Fritz--who just isn't 'with it'