copacetic?

Douglas G. Wilson douglas at NB.NET
Fri Jan 21 00:12:56 UTC 2005

>Doug, this is my first encounter with "copathetic."  Whatever its
>significance, the occurrence of this form is so far unique.

It's the only example know of from 1919. But then there are not many
examples of "copasetic" (any spelling) that early either.

Google "copathetic" and you'll find more recent examples, some of which are
clearly synonymous with "copacetic" ... presumably an error for it ... or
has the form with "th" had a below-the-radar parallel existence all along?

I think there's an example of "copasthetic" in HDAS.

-- Doug Wilson