The stink/The stank

Fri Jan 21 08:39:45 UTC 2005

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 02:02:55 EST, Douglas Bigham <TlhovwI at AOL.COM> wrote:

>Anecdote Alert: "Stank" has been my body-odor noun of choice at least since
>high school.

Note also that in hiphop/funk circles, "stank" has followed the
ameliorative path of "funk(y)", from malodorous to melodious.  The
positive sense was popularized on the album _Stankonia_ (2000) by the
Atlanta hiphop duo Outkast (who have a penchant for saying things like
"Stank you very much").

-----