Further Antedating of "Political Economy"

Jesse Sheidlower jester at PANIX.COM
Mon Jan 24 20:06:03 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 03:02:52PM -0500, Fred Shapiro wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005, Jesse Sheidlower wrote:
>
> > Keep going, Fred, eventually you'll find the a1687 example in EEBO....
>
> Actually I searched EEBO and got no hits.  I wonder what I'm doing wrong.

a1687 W. Petty _Polit. Anat. Ireland_ (1691) 63 This brings me
to the most important Consideration in Political Oeconomies,
_viz._ how to make a _Par_ and _Equation_ between Lands and
Labour, so as to express the Value of any thing by either
alone.

Jesse Sheidlower
OED