a desperado's brag

Tue Jan 25 17:07:21 UTC 2005

I've seen on t-shirts a supposed "Irish" blessing, to the effect
that "may St. Peter welcome you into heaven a half hour before the
devil knows you're dead".

GAT

George A. Thompson
Univ. Pr., 1998, but nothing much lately.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jonathan Lighter <wuxxmupp2000 at YAHOO.COM>
Date: Monday, January 24, 2005 9:46 pm
Subject: Re: a desperado's brag

> Grant,
> Vaguely comparable, from
> http://groups-

beta.google.com/group/soc.culture.irish/browse_frm/thread/b18b31a07243cf
8/6bf9567c8b057b0a?q=%22before+God+knows+you%27re+dead%22&_done=%
2Fgroups%3Fq%3D%22before+God+knows+you%27re+dead%22%26hl%3Den%26lr%3D%
26rls%3DGGLD,GGLD:2004-11,GGLD:en%26sa%3DN%26tab%3Dwg%
26&_doneTitle=Back+to+Search&&d#6bf9567c8b057b0a