Rolling papers/Rizla/1500's?

Bethany K. Dumas dumasb at UTKUX.UTCC.UTK.EDU
Thu Jan 27 02:02:28 UTC 2005

I can remember rolling papers only as early as 1959. When I moved to
Fayetteville, AR, to attend grad school, I - a smoker then - lucked into a
great deal. Living in the house where I rented an apt. were a couple from
NC - they had brought their own tobacco supply with them, and they shared
it with me. I learned to roll cigarettes - I even bought a little machine.

Given my takehome pay, it was WONDERFFUL!

Bethany

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005, Sam Clements wrote:

>While this may be slightly out of the scope of this list, I'd love
anyone who has insights or abilities to confirm or deny their assertions
about rolling papers in the 1500's.