indenting

Peter A. McGraw pmcgraw at LINFIELD.EDU
Thu Jan 27 16:52:02 UTC 2005

I haven't indented a paragraph in years.

For letters, the indented style (indented paragraphs, date, address and
signature on the right) has been out of fashion for a long time.  Just now
I tried without success to find a statement about the two styles as applied
to books in The Chicago Manual of Style, but I notice that they use the
indented style (first paragraph flush, subsequent paragraphs indented, no
space between paragraphs) in their preface.  Admittedly, I'm still using
the 14th edition.

Peter Mc.

--On Wednesday, January 26, 2005 8:58 PM -0600 Janis Vizier Nihart