Acka-backa, soda cracker

Wilson Gray wilson.gray at RCN.COM
Sun Jan 30 03:58:02 UTC 2005

I knew only the "Catch-a-Jap" version of Eenie Meenie. But, now that I
see your version of it, Larr, I'm reminded that the version that I
learned of Acka-Backa had, after the ethnic slur, a line:

My mother told me to pick the very best one
O-U-T spells out goes YOU!

It's an interesting coincidence that two different chants both include
a very similar line that kinda blows up the rhythm of each chant.

-Wilson