Citidiots; Brooklyn Doorbell; Neojorky; Nycphobia

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Fri Jul 1 07:05:12 UTC 2005

OT: Thursday's New York Sun quoted me and other borough president  candidates
about the prospect of swimming in the East River. I thought that  swimming in
polluted water with strong currents didn't make much sense, but  other BP
candidates disagreed. Just goes to show, you can float any ridiculous  idea in
NYC, and about half of the people will agree with you.
..

I've been looking at "citidiots" and  "Brooklyn doorbell" and "neojorky" and
"nycphobia" from the  Pseudodictionary. Anyone have any good cites to enter on
my "Big Apple"  page? "Brooklyn doorbelll" and "neojorky" seems to be cited
only  here.
_http://www.pseudodictionary.com/search.php_
(http://www.pseudodictionary.com/search.php)
brooklyn doorbell -  To stand in front of an apartment building yelling an
occupant's name  until she comes to the window.
e.g., The bell in Jimmy's lobby is broken, so we'll have  to use the Brooklyn
doorbell: "JIIIMMMMMMAAAAYYYYY!"
submitted by Ixkorr Oxkarr
citidiots - Rich New  York City Idiots that descend upon the Hamptons in the
summers.
e.g., The citidiot in the Mercedes was parked in the  handicapped spot at the
supermarket.
submitted by Tom  A
..
 (javascript: linkword(17923,'');)  (javascript: sendtofriend(17923,'');)
(http://www.pseudodictionary.com/link.php?id=17923)
(http://www.pseudodictionary.com/friend.php?id=17923)

neojorky - Tasty strips of  dried meat, made in New York City. New York
jerky.
e.g., Four ounces of soylent green along with four ounces  of neojorky makes
a nutritious snack.
submitted by Paul Edic - _(www)_ (http://www.angelfire.com/oh/canalpark)
nycphobia - Fear of travelling  to New York City.
e.g., Lena refuses to go to New York City, she claims she  has nycphobia.
submitted by Marcelo Villacres