Sportscaster topicalization

Patty Davies patty at CRUZIO.COM
Mon Jul 4 03:37:25 UTC 2005

Hi Ben - yes, I had noticed this too.   I think it was a year ago when I
observed that Mary Carillo and John McEnroe (or Patrick McEnroe?) used the
topic as right-dislocated examples.  At the time, I thought they had been
coached by the network to announce that way.  I hadn't remembered the
announcing sounding like this previously.  If they hadn't both adopted this
style at the same time.......     We're a tennis-fan household :)

Patty