antedatings: "tough luck," "oohs and ahs"

Dennis R. Preston preston at MSU.EDU
Tue Jul 5 15:30:53 UTC 2005

In looking back over this "discussion," I now find that "tough
titties" sounds very odd to me in the plural. I'm pretty sure us
Louisvillians (Lousvillains?) of the 50's had just "tough titty."

Middle schoolers chewing their toenails is, however, a pleasant image
for the morning after the 4th.

dInIs

--
Dennis R. Preston