Fulton Market Clam Chowder (1893); Coney Island Clam Chowder (1895)

Bapopik at AOL.COM Bapopik at AOL.COM
Wed Jul 6 07:20:01 UTC 2005

I don't think that I pointed out these two  excellent "clam chowder" articles
in the digitized Boston Globe. I'm too  tired to type them right now. Wake me
up when Paris wins the  Olympics.
_FAMOUS  CLAM CHOWDER.; New York's "Fulton Market" is Called Excellent.
Bakewell  Pudding, Minced Chicken, Braised Oxtail and Other Recipes. Egg Jelly,
Bonne Femme Soup, Bread Sauce, Rive Pudding and Consomme. _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=2&did=589514652&SrchMode=1&sid=5&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&
RQT=309&VName=HNP&TS=1120634066&clientId=65882)
Boston Daily Globe (1872-1960). Boston, Mass.: Sep 10,  1893. p. 29 (1 page)
_TRUE  AND TRIED RECIPES.; Directions for the Coney Island Clam Chowder.
Various  Ways in Which This Delicious Dish Can be Prepared. Other Samples of Best
Home Cooking From Many Clever Housekeepers. Daily Hints to Housekeepers.
Read Carefully. Do you read the peerless recipes in The Sunday Globe? My
Mother's Rich, Dark Fruit Cake. Frostings. Excellent Frosting. Chocolate  Frosting.
Chocolate Frosting. Chocolate and White Frosting. Cottage  Pudding. Sunshine
Cake ... Cake and Gingcrbread. Coney Island Clam  Chowder. New York Clam
Chowder. Canned or Uncanned Clam Chowder.  Massachusetts Clam Chowder. Somerville
Clam Chowder. With One Quart of  Clams. Not Too Clammy Clam Chowder. Non-Insipid
Coney Island. Coney Island  with Thyme. Mince Ment. Baked Indian Pudding.
Apple Cream Cake. Two Lemon  Pies. Gold Cake. _
(http://proquest.umi.com/pqdweb?index=3&did=570107702&SrchMode=1&sid=4&Fmt=10&VInst=PROD&VType=PQD&RQT=309&VName=
HNP&TS=1120633917&clientId=65882)
Boston. Jan 29, 1895. p.  8 (1 page)