query for Fred (or anyone else) on movie line

Fri Jul 8 16:37:52 UTC 2005

On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 11:18:50 -0500, Mullins, Bill
<Bill.Mullins at US.ARMY.MIL> wrote:
>> I don't remember the exact verbiage.  I'm pretty sure he said
>> it to the other players in the dugout as he was going up to bat.
>
>On further reflection, I believe he said it right after telling an
>opposing batter what Nuke Laloosh was about to pitch.

That's correct. The line comes right after Crash, annoyed that Nuke keeps
shaking off the signs, tells the batter, "Here comes the deuce" (i.e., the
curveball that Nuke wants to throw).

The "speak of me" line apparently wasn't in Ron Shelton's original script:

http://www.imsdb.com/scripts/Bull-Durham.html

--Ben Zimmer